My Pals are Here! Reading Ladder
- This series is a reading programme with a difference. Each level of the programme consists of specially graded and brilliantly illustrated readers that correlate to the Pupil's Book units in the My Pals are Here! English for Hong Kong programme.
- Each reader in KS1 contains two texts, one fiction and one non-fiction. Each text correlates to a unit in the Pupil's Book.
- Exposes readers to the range of text types listed in the Curriculum Guide.
- Texts graded according to different ability levels and interests and classroom needs.
- Each reader includes a Let's Talk section to develop oral communication and picture discussion skills.
- Activity sheets based on the text provide for the development of comprehension, phonics and language skills in context.
- Guide notes contain an overview for teachers' reference.
- Comprehensive range of text types.
- Linked thematically through text types to the General English programme.
- Texts graded according to different ability levels and interests.
- Contain worksheets that test pupils on their understanding of the texts and language skills.
- End with a glossary of new or different words found in the texts.
- Come with oral communication exercises in the form of a picture and suggested prompts.
- i-Pen with recordings of texts available.
- Detailed lesson plans for each reader provided in the Teacher-assist Pack.